Monday, June 16, 2008

High Speeds

This weekend I covered a lot of ground, literally, with the MG. First, at work on Friday, I was assigned to drop off a print job to a client in Easton. Through miscommunication of the directions, I ended up driving on Route 33 for about 15 miles...in the wrong direction. Although I was sad I couldn't get to the client in a timely manner, I had fun enjoying the Midget at such high speeds. At one point I may have driven the fastest I've ever in the car. In fourth gear, I was at about 4700 RPMs. Since my speedometer is somewhat vague at high speeds, I couldn't tell the exact speed. But it had to of been well over 70mph. Possibly 80?

The sprint was brief as it got kind of scary. The car ran great that day.

Then on Saturday, Greg joined me on a trip down to Bally to get my dad a gift card for Father's Day. It was a scenic and enjoyable trip. We even saw an old Mini cabriolet which Greg managed to capture with his incredulous photography skills.



No comments: